Learning Pod 7- Peer Review

For my peer review, I received Learning Pod 7’s Interactive Learning Resource to review. At first glance, their Interactive Learning Resource looks professional and easy to navigate. The color scheme is sharp and streamline. My eyes gravitated to the small emoticons accompanying each link in the resource, giving the presentation a playful touch.

The navigation of this resource is straightforward as the creators implemented a navigation bar at the center of the home page. Learners can travel throughout the overview, learning modules, strategies, and descriptions/rationale effortlessly from the navigation bar. As a person who is not very technologically advanced, the organization of the navigation bar and concepts were well thought out, which I thought made the resource very user-friendly. This allows users like myself who have difficulty in the online environment to learn about descriptive statistics. Moreover, as a concept that can be frustrating and overwhelming for some, an easy-to-navigate platform ensures they are not distracted from their learning objectives. Thus, making the student’s learning experience more enjoyable.

First, the creators supply an overview of the introduction to statistics. An overview of the course is a thoughtful addition to their learning resource as it outlines users’ resource objectives and the team’s strategies. However, this portion of the learning resource looks to still be under construction. With that being said, I am excited to see what will be added in this portion and encourage the group to forgo this portion with great detail, as I believe it is an essential component for the learners.

Next, one of my favorite parts of their learning resource is the “Learning Modules”. The “Learning Module” portion begins with the learning outcomes of the workshop. The learning outcomes are very detailed and straightforward. I also enjoy how the creators acknowledge that at first, the objectives may be overwhelming. Which in turn creates a comfortable and inviting environment for learners of all levels. The creators complement their learning outcomes with four module links. I was very impressed with the detail in this portion of their interactive learning resource. It is very noticeable that the creators focussed their time and effort on this section as the modules show exhaustive and elaborate detail. The section is accompanied by multiple subsections equipped with quizzes, videos, and additional learning resources. Not to mention, creators continue to present their information in an organized and professional way, ensuring the learners stay focused on learning material rather than being distracted with navigating the site.

Finally, the creators supplement their Interactive Learning Resource with a description/rationale, strategies, and references. This portion of their resource seems to be under construction, but again I am excited to explore this portion when it is complete as it is crucial for the final copy.

Despite some missing information in Learning Pod 7’s Interactive Learning Resource, the depth of the ‘learning modules’ makes up for some of the missing parts in their project as it is equipped with great detail. Overall, this is a draft, I expect some gaps. Well done Learning Pod 7, overall a very exhaustive and informative resource! Thanks for sharing!

Link to the resource: https://www.notion.so/statsworkshop/Intro-to-Descriptive-Statistics-575e41bb1bb046888775e11dbea2c8a1